I recently threw together this quick roast vegetable pasta bake in an attempt to use up as much veg in my fridge as possible, before I went on holiday.
Granted, it wasn’t my finest work – I should have undercooked the pasta slightly so that it didn’t overcook when I baked it. Ah, hindsight is a wonderful thing!
I’ve written up the recipe below, but you can switch up the veg to anything you have in the fridge and adjust the measurements to your liking. This is just a guideline of how I made my roast vegetable pasta bake, and I can guarantee I’ll make it completely differently next time. It’s just how I roll!
Now before I get into the recipe, I should tell you that I don’t weigh and measure cheese (or anything else as for that matter) – sorry slimming worlders, it’s just the type of cook I am. I’m terrible at following recipes, always ‘chuck things into the pan and hope for the best’ and I don’t even own kitchen scales.
I can hear you gasping!
I know that I don’t use my Healthy Extra A allowance on a weekly basis. I have 2-3 coffees a day on average with a dash of oat milk. Nowhere near my allowance. If I buy a coffee out, it’s an Americano or a flat white, and even then, the milk is minimal. As for cheese, this isn’t something I eat daily – maybe around 3 times a week. So in my mind, it all averages out.
I know this isn’t the ‘proper’ way of doing things, it’s just what I find sustainable and it works for me. Having to weigh everything would make this journey feel like a ‘diet’ and that’s just not something I would find sustainable.Jump to Recipe
Anyway, let’s get into this super easy recipe.
Roast Vegetable Pasta Bake Recipe
Roast Vegetable Pasta Bake
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- 1 tbsp oregano
- pasta of your choice
- 1 stock cube
- cheese of your choice healthy extra a
- Chop up all of your veg and add to a baking tray (minus the courgette)
- drizzle some olive oil/frylight and add spices of your choice. I used salt, chilli flakes and oregano
- Roast in the oven for around 40 minutes on 200°C and keep an eye on it
- Meanwhile boil your pasta in salted water with a drop of olive oil
- Make up some stock with boiling water and a stock cube
- Blitz the roasted veg with a blender and add in the stock until you reach the desired consistency
- Drain pasta when cooked and add to the baking tray along with the sauce
- Mix the pasta and sauce together
- I added courgette rounds over the top, just for the aesthetic
- Top with grated cheese and black pepper
- Bake until the cheese has melted
Find more recipes: